Monday 3 February 2014

New Look 6093 progress and some balcony shots

Last night my roommate threw season 2 of Full House on the DVD player and we had a great time basking in cheesy late 80s nostalgia as I worked some more on New Look 6093. This dress really does go together like a breeze, especially when I cut out adding a zipper.

The finished silhouette is more 50s than 30s (added too much fullness to the godets, I think. Also my childbearing hips just lend themselves to that silhouette whether I'm aiming for it or not.) But it turned out so cute, I can't complain about it much! I still need to finish the godet seams with bias, and I've decided I'm going to hand-roll the hem and sleeves. I also shortened the sleeves quite a bit from the pattern. Something about my body type, but sleeves that end add my mid-upper arm are just never flattering on me. I do much better with a cap sleeve. And they're so cute and fluttery like this!

Since I vowed to take some shots not in my mirror, I braved Toronto February weather to take some shots on my balcony. They turned out a little grainy, but dammit I stood outside in a short sleeved dress for my art, I'm using them.



It feels very garden party to me and I like it! Then I decided since I was freezing my buns off, I better get some of my zig-zag print halter dress, too!


Warming up between shoots!




The low scooped back is perfect for showing off back tats and new haircuts! 

This one isn't particularly good at showing off the dress, but I found it nice and artistic. It's the only one where you can see a little hint of the pretty spectacular view I have from my apartment of the city. 

Some construction shots coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment