Thursday 16 January 2014

A little introduction...

I know what you're thinking. ANOTHER sewing blog? 

I know, there are a million and a half of us in the universe and it doesn't really need contributing to. Especially with so many amazing blogs out there dedicated to sewing vintage fashion. But you know what?

Screw it. I'm doing it anyway. 



My name is Marion, and I'll be your host here in both our journeys. I'm 24 years old. I live in a tiny apartment in Toronto with a fabulous roommate who doesn't mind that my sewing machine has taken over the dining room. I have two jobs, working as a seamtress/sales person at a children's costume store and as a sewing instructor. I don't have much time off or much spare cash, but when I do both of it's going towards what I love  - sewing. 

I've been sewing since I was about nine when I inherited a bag of fabric scraps from my grandmother. At eleven I got my first sewing machine and it's been full steam ahead. I'm the only seventeen year old I know of who showed up at university with her own sewing machine. 

Two years ago I decided to go back to school and take a two year community college program on fashion design. I came out horribly sleep deprived and never wanting to look at a sample size again, but a phenomenally better sewer. 

I've always been obsessed with the past, finding a great fascination in costume history. I made my first vintage re-issue Butterick pattern in high school and I fell in love. (It was Butterick 4513, by the way)

By this point I can see you all yawning, so I'll just wrap up. I'm glad you made it here, and hope I can be of some help to other people in their pursuit of this fabulous hobby. 

xoxo,

Marion


No comments:

Post a Comment