Friday 17 January 2014

McCalls patterns and kicking ass in a ball gown

Can I just talk about how hella fierce some of photographs on McCalls website are?










Look at these badass motherlovers. Whoever the photographer/stylist for these shoots was, bravo. I especially love the woman in the pink ballgown fixing a bike. There's something about the image of beautifully done up ladies in dresses and heels getting down and dirty that's always appealed to me.

I also enjoy the departure from all neatly done up women, standing around smiling and not doing anything. They've let the models really show some personality in these shoots which I think shows the clothes off in a better light.

It reminds me of when I went to Toronto Fashion Week a few years ago. After HOURS of watching cross-looking models clump down the runway in four inch heels that were a size too big for them, the show closed with the fabulous Denise Gagnon.



Look! His models are smiling! And dancing! And blowing kisses! And have shoes they can walk in! And check out the adorable little kiss at the end between the 'married couple' closing the runway.

I'll never understand the need to have models look bored and uninterested. How much prettier do the clothes look when you've got some personality going?

No comments:

Post a Comment