Friday 31 January 2014

A mini update-let

So remember those jeans I started last week?

Well I was hit by a sudden and urgent case of sewing ADD, and decided to start and nearly finish a completely different sewing project. It happens.

I was really inspired by this great printed cotton I picked up at a garage sale last week, and It was screaming out to me to be a cute resort-style laid-back halter dress.


  


Better pictures coming soon (I keep promising that, but I mean it!) 

The dress was drafted by myself. The midriff section is quite heavily interfaced and has a few spiral steel bones, so it can be worn with or without a bra, which is quite exciting for me. In the picture I'm wearing it over my vintage longline bra, but you can see a little of it peaking out, which isn't very 1950s. I think this style really needs a strapless bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment